At the beginning of each year, I like to set out some goals that I’d like to achieve. I think they call them New Years resolutions… At the start of this year, damn I must’ve been incredibly ambitious because I wrote a list of 52 things I want to achieve in 2017 (you can read it here).
So before I write a list of things I want to achieve in 2018 (I definitely won’t be setting a goal of 52!! What was I thinking?) I want to look back at the year that was and assess whether I met my goals or not, and how I can maybe check them off next year and what I need to do to turn these goals into actions.
- Do yoga – every week – I need to bring yoga into 2018 for sure!
- Meditate – outside in fresh air for replenishment
- Get flexible – being flexible makes you sexible (Thanks Logan Paul)
- Don’t eat shit – steer clear of fried food, fast food and cakes (birthday cakes and pizza are allowed) (birthday pizza is allowed and also encouraged) – yes if home made pizza is acceptable
Eat mostly vegetarian– buy and cook vegetarian, if you see something tasty on the menu like some chicken, treat yo self
- Learn how to compost- fail
Buy an awesome coffee mug and bring it everywhere (no more takeaway cups)
- Buy an awesome French Press coffee maker to put awesome coffee in my awesome coffee mug
Make my lunch the night before
- Make an entire meal for my friends and family
- Learn how to cook an impressive meal. E.g bake a fish, lasagne, brownies, pad thai
Go to a new country– went to 4 (Thailand, Mexico, Belize and Guatemala)
- Learn Spanish – on the list for 2018 for sure!
Visit Tasmania– points for a camper van, extra points for hitch hiking or bike riding – no but I did camper van explore around Western Australia so I’ll count this on. Tasmania I’m coming for you next year!
- Visit home more often – sorry mum. I’ll make that a goal for 2018
- Have coffee and cake with my Grandma & Grandad, Nan & Pop – 2018 is going to be very family oriented!
- Send letters
FaceTime my friends overseas– yes but I need to do this more
- Experiment with video styles
- Make a video once a week
- Blog once a week – it hasn’t been once a week but between writing for Twenty Something Humans, making videos and doing uni work, I think I’ve been going pretty well.
- Make some money from said videos and blogs
Graduate (with distinction)WOOOOOO Watch 12 sunrises (once a month)
- Learn to surf
- Try Bollywood/Pole Dancing
Volunteer at uni Make a killer CV #employable Go on a roadtrip– Hello Byron Bay Have lunch at the grounds of Alexandria Work hard at uni. HD’s come at me. Enquire about honours/masters (overseas)
- Go to careers central and plan my future career path
- Go to a trampoline park and learn how to do a back flip
Read, read, read– bulk books have been read this year! Go in the City2Surf Work hard at work Practice my French by watching French films, French YouTubers and as part of the French Society– Salut French Major!
- Don’t buy things for the sake of it. How many more clothes do you really need?
- Complete the waste challenge
Have at least 1 make up free day a week– Fuck make up! I’ve started going fresh face every where and my skin is loving it!
- Make people birthday gifts
Make a vision board and decorate it with fairy lights– did the vision board (turned into being a vision wall) but no lights.
- Learn how to edit videos – I think I’m getting better but I’d love to upgrade from iMovie to Adobe or Premier Pro.
- Make a snapchat filter
Meet new people and put myself out there Go to a festival/concertI’ve been to so many gigs this year I wish I could cross this one out twice! Stress less Promote peace and understanding. Try not to be as critical of others and myself. Believe in myself, my values, decisions and choices. Don’t drink as much as I did in Montreal (sorry liver). Look for the joy in life. Be accepting of others. Be FIERCE–YAS QUEEN!
I guess the thing to take away from this is that it’s OK not to achieve all of the things you set out to do (especially if you set 52 goals!). New Years Resolutions are about setting a list of goals and dreaming big. About trying, failing and trying again. They act as a reminder to what you want, what you wanted and may even help reassess where you’re at. I may not have achieved all of my goals for 2017, but I’m pretty damn proud of what I have achieved!
Stay tuned for my 2018 goals! Coming soon….