One of my favourite things about blogging is the community it creates. You find yourself reading, befriending and caring about the blogs you read and the people behind them. And then every now and again you’re rewarded with a kind praise and ‘keep it up’ with a blogging award. Now these things are super informal and don’t have much significance in the traditional sense of an award. But DAMN do these mean so much to people (like me) who blog for the love of blogging and feel that their words have impacted someone’s life in a positive way #thedream.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”
So more of less, the lovely Little Sunshine, nominated me (you can check out her awesome blog here). She’s asked me 10 questions which I’ll answer below. Then I need to nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions as well. It’s a great way to get to know a little more about me and continue contributing to the amazing blogging community I’m a part of.
Ready? Let’s Do It!
1. What is your biggest dream?
Admitting to your biggest dream is scary, because it means putting it out into the world. Which means you’re somewhat accountable. But honestly, one of my deepest, biggest dreams is to write a book and have it published. That would honestly be unreal and a dream come true!
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Ooooh this is a tough one! There’s sooooo many places such little time. At the moment I’m going to say EGYPT, my best friend is there at the moment and she’s making me incredibly jealous! But it’s somewhere I’ve always been fascinated with. I want to learn about their history and their present. It’s a country with so energy and creativity that I really want to experience first hand.
3. Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
Extrovert all the way. I have introvert tendancies because give me a book and a cup of tea any night and I won’t leave my room, but damn I’m pretty outgoing and I’m quite proud of it.
4. Is what you’re doing now what you always wanted to do growing up?
Well at the moment I’m studying in Montreal on exchange. I don’t think that idea ever crossed my mind but I sure am happy here. For me going to university was something I always wanted to do. Not only to further my education but to grow, learn and meet people who will challenge and encourage me. And so far, that’s exactly what university has provided me.
5. Do you usually follow your heart or your head?
I’m a low key hopeless romantic and always follow my heart. Sometimes I have to follow my head, but for big decisions, I’m going to follow that crazy thing pumping away in my chest.
6. What are you most thankful for?
The opportunities and experiences I’ve been blessed with. Words really can’t describe how grateful I am for the people who have guided and encouraged me to bravely pursue my dreams.
7. What’s on your bucket list this year?
Well considering that the year’s nearly over, I think I might change this one to next year. I think I want to do the City2Surf again next year and I really want to learn how to surf!
8. What´s your favourite food ever?
I love Japanese food! Hit me with that salmon sashimi, ramen and dumplings any day and you’ll find a very happy Adelaide.
9. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
I’ve received a lot of good advice lately, but I think the thing that stands out the most at the moment was said to me by Ben Brown, when we met at Buffer Festival. He said that we’re all just trying to figure out what we’re doing. That we make mistakes, we learn, we improve and life goes on. That we shouldn’t stress over the little stuff because it’s the big stuff we should focus on and go after.
10. Which of the places you’ve traveled to inspired you the most, and why?
Oh damn this is a tough one! Edinburgh really inspired my creative spirit and it’s a feeling that I carry with me to this day. I have to admit that Paris is eternally inspiring. There really is something magical about that city that makes me want to be the best I can be and soak up all the beauty that city has to offer.
OK so here’s some bloggers that I’m absolutely loving. To all of you, please keep up the amazing work! Your posts inspire me and many other in more ways than you’d know. The world (and the internet) need your voices so keep on spreading your sunshine.
- The Nigerian Nomad
- Journal By Assia
- Me Myself and Everything Else
- Expand the Horizon
- Samantha In Transit
- Roving Lioness
- What Makes Mary
- Sweet Jini
- Ella Sykes Blog
- Anges Voyage
Alright… so now… my questions are below. Hopefully they provoke thought and you enjoy answering them.
- What’s your ideal Saturday night consist of?
- Where would you love to live in the world?
- Where do you think is the most peaceful place you’ve visited and why?
- Mountains or ocean?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
- What advice would you give to yourself at age 16?
- Where’s your happy place?
- What’s one thing you can’t leave your house without?
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
- If you could be president or prime minister of your country for one day, what would you do?
[If you’re not sure what to do, read below]
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you nominated