And this is why I love blogging. Because of the supportive, talented, exciting and beautiful people you’re connected to in such a tight knit community. This is the 2nd time I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award (read more about the award here). I was nominated by Ailene Rhea, the woman behind Incurable Wanderlust. I’ve often found myself getting lost through the Rhea Collections, and admire her honesty when sharing stories about unique experiences (my favourite, things to really expect whilst hiking the Inca Trail). She’s been everywhere so if you’re looking for reliable tips for unique travel experiences, Ailene’s got you covered!
So here are the Liebster Award Rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers, who have X (or less than 200) followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
And without further ado, here are the questions that Ailene has asked me;
Apart from travel tales, what else can we read about on your blog?
My blog is kind of like my slightly censored journal. Where I write anything and everything I’m passionate about. Because travel is something that has completely taken over my heart like a Ryan Gosling movie, it tends to be something that I write frequently about (it’s also a good excuse to relive a travel experience through photos). Another thing I find myself writing about is motivational pieces which are usually coherent with things I’m dealing with in my life. A part from that, you’ll find bits and pieces of poetry, motivational quotes and opinion pieces on current issues.
Your most memorable travel story so far
My Euro Gap Year Living in London (read all about it here).
What made you/got you travelling in the first place?
When I was little, my family and I travelled around Australia for 12 months in a caravan, a great introduction to life on the road with adventure literally at your doorstep. Also anything and everything Paris! My room is completely overdecorated with Paris this and Paris that. I remember when I started high school, I made it my mission to get to Paris as soon as I was finished with school. And now I’ve been 3 times.
How many countries, continents and cities have you set foot in?
Read about everywhere I’ve been here.
What’s the longest time you’ve been away from home?
12 months in 2013 when I lived in London.
What’s the one souvenir you just had to have?
I’m not a very good souvenir collector. I more or less crumble under the pressure of cheap I ❤ (city name here) shops and buy a fridge magnet. But when I saw a little snow globe of Paris – now that I HAD to have!
Have you ever lost your luggage/backpack? When? Where?
Thankfully no. However I did lose my wallet in Rome for an hour. One of the scariest experiences of my life however, long story short, I managed to find it completely untouched with nothing missing. Earlier that day I visited Vatican City so I feel that someone up there was watching over me!
What are 5 items you always take with you travelling?
- Journal to write everything down in
- Paw Paw Ointment – a lifesaver on dry lips and many other practical uses such as keeping zippers running smoothly
- A bottle of water for long days exploring new places. I also hate paying for water so prefer to reuse a plastic one until it’s basically unusable.
- My phone for obvious reasons. It doubles as a camera, map, translator… EVERYTHING!
- My Doc Martens. Trustiest pair of shoes I own.
Are you an over packer or under packer?
I tend to overpack for small trips and under pack for big ones. Maybe one day I’ll hit a lovely middle ground.
What type of camera (model, brand) do you take with you when travelling?
My IPhone5. It currently has a chip in the lens and I need to edit a pesky little black dot out of all my photos. Hopefully upgrading soon!
If given the chance, where would you like to settle?
At the moment, I could totally see myself settling down in Edinburgh, Scotland. I definitely left a big piece of my heart there and will go back one day to claim it back.
So now you know a bit more about me, now I want to know a bit more about you. Here are some blogs and bloggers that I’m absolutely loving at the moment along with your questions and I pass this nomination on to you.
- Limestone and Lava
- The Rambles of Nuggetstump
- A Beautiful Mess
- Crafty Little Coco
- World of Wanderlust
- The Blonde Abroad
- Have You Heard The Latest
- What’s one thing that your readers probably don’t know about you but should?
- What inspires you to write a new blog post?
- If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be?
- If someone bought you a plane ticket to a city of your choice, departing tomorrow morning, where would you choose to go?
- What’s your dream job?
- Who’s your favourite singer/band?
- Is there a country/city in the world you wouldn’t go or wouldn’t go back to?
- Where’s your favourite cafe?
- Do you have a personal journal for your eyes only? (I genuine fear/dream of mine is when I die one day, mine are found and school children have to study me and our society based off of my journals).
- Where’s your dream destination?
- Would you rather have the power to teleport or fly?
I look forward to reading your responses. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the experience of the Liebster Award and I hope you enjoy reading it!