Leibster Award? What is a Leibster Award?! That is exactly what I asked myself when I was nominated. After some research, I discovered that LEIBSTER is German for ‘beloved.’ It’s a way for bloggers (professional or amateur like myself) to discover new blogs, get involved in the blogging community and be discovered by more people. How sweet! So you can imagine my surprise and excitement when I was nominated by Danika Maia- http://danikamaia.com/. Thank you so much Danika and I hope you enjoy this post as much as I enjoyed writing it! If you wish to know more about me, check out my post here!
Danika has asked me these wonderful questions;
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I started blogging last year about my travel and daily adventures of living in London. It was a new and exciting way for me to write regularly and also keep my friends and family up to date with my life. When I started university this year, some of my Communications and Media subjects required blogging as part of the course. I learnt simple things about blogging and really loved the unique experience. I then decided to make this blog mine, incorporating my studies, thoughts, travels, adventures and a little bit about myself into my blog. My goal is to be a writer/journalist and I figured blogging is a good way to start that off!
2. Where did you have your first kiss?
A lady never kisses and tells 😉
3. How many languages can you speak?
Je parle un petit peu français. I’m currently studying French and planning on going on exchange to a French speaking country to further my language skills.
4. What’s your favourite app?
To be honest, I don’t use that many apps because my phone is filled with music! However I do love Instagram! Oh and I also recently downloaded Minesweeper, remember the really old default game on PC’s? Yea, that’s occupied a lot of my time!
5. If your life was a movie who do you think would play the main characters?
I have an unhealthy obsession with Johnny Depp so he’d have to be in there somewhere (swoon). My brother would have to be played by the actor who plays Luke Dunphy from Modern Family. My sister, maybe Anne Hathaway because she has perfect teeth and is stunning. I don’t know if anyone else could play my parents, I’m sure that’d be a very demanding role. I think they’re the only ones who can pull of parenting me. And I think I’d like to have Emma Stone around for some laughs, Eddie Redmayne for some eye candy and Emma Watson for some motivation to change the world!
6. What do you want to accomplish with your blog?
I really admire World of Wanderlust and have been taking her tips for some time now. My ultimate dream would be to travel and live around the world, writing about my experiences and inspiring people to fulfil their dreams.
7. Are you in a relationship?
Like I said I don’t kiss and tell, however there is a very special and handsome French man in my life
8. What is your favourite thing to eat after a night out?
9. What’s your favourite cocktail?
Strawberry Daiquiri! Anything that has pretty fruit on top of it!
10. How many countries have you visited and what’s the next one you need to see?
I’ve been everywhere man! (not really) But one day I want to say it and mean it! Here’s a list of the 16 countries I’ve been to. My favourites would have to be Scotland, Iceland and France!
Alright, so here’s the rules for the Leibster Award!
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog.
3. answer as many questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. nominate 10 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post.
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated them.
So here’s my top 10 favourite blogs at the moment! And on a personal note… thank you for inspiring me each in your own lovely way x
1. Travel Chick Diaries – http://travelchickdiaries.com/
2. Dating Dilema- http://datingdilemma1.com/
3. Everyday Adventures – http://everydayadventures365.com/
4. Have You Heard the Latest – http://haveyouheardthelatest.com/
5. The Bella Travelista – http://thebellatravelista.com/
6. Hannah Gale – http://hannahgale.co.uk/
7. Erik Conover – http://erikconover.com/
8. Ali Does it Herself – http://alidoesit.wordpress.com/
9. Lady Lauren Hutch – http://ladylaurenhutch.wordpress.com/
10. World of Wanderlust – http://www.worldofwanderlust.com/ (A BIG inspiration of mine)
11. (I know you’re only supposed to do 10 but who ever follows the rules) Nat’s Nutritious Delicious- http://www.natsnutritiousdelicious.com/
If you accept and follow the rules, here are my questions to you!
1. Rock of Pop music? Favourite musician?
2. Favourite place you’ve ever been?
3. Coffee or Tea?
4. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you want?
5. Why do you blog?
6. If you had one wish, what would it be? (you can’t wish for more wishes)
7. If you could have dinner with one famous person, who would it be?
8. What are you addicted to?
9. Chocolate cake or ice cream cake?
10. If you could become fluent in a language, what would it be?
I hope you accept my nomination and enjoy this post as much as I did whilst writing it!
Peace and Love to everyone
8 thoughts on “The Liebster Award: Nominated!”
Congrats on the award and thank you so much for the nomination!! Great post and pretty awesome blogs you posted!! 🙂
Such an interesting read thanks for passing it on! 😉
Thank you! I’m really glad that you liked it! I had a lot of fun writing it 🙂 Definitely inspiring me to keep writing x
Hi there – I know you’ve already been nominated but I really love your blog & others should know about it. Check out the details here: http://rheacollections.com/2015/01/28/liebster-award-nominee/
Wow Thankyou so much! I honestly really appreciate it!
I’ll hopefully write this post over the weekend and I’ll let you know once it’s up!
Keep on blogging beautifully xxx
You’re welcome =) I love your blog! Let’s both keep writing =)))